Best Nursing Pillows – Opinions 2022
The comfort of mother and baby during breastfeeding is very important so that the process occurs in a simple and relaxed way. For this reason, we invite you to discover the most outstanding products in the category of nursing pillows that are excellent gifts for new parents due to their great utility.
1. Jane Multifunctional Maternal Cushion Elastic Fabric
This is a nursing pillow that can be very versatile to help mothers even during pregnancy. To do this, Jane incorporates a tape that can be detached and turn the cushion into a long pillow of approximately 1 meter.
Later, when the baby is with his parents, it will be used as a nursing cushion that is held at the mother’s waist, allowing the baby to be placed on top and serving as a support to avoid fatigue. Thanks to the good fulfillment of this function, it is being valued by users as one of the best nursing pillows of 2022.
The Jane nursing pillow offers you a light gray design with white stars of different sizes that makes it suitable for use with babies of any gender. Other ways to use it is as a fall protector when they fall asleep in the parents’ bed, for example; or to take naps during the day.
Jane has always been recognized for offering good quality products at affordable prices, so it is not surprising that it is considered the best nursing pillow brand by its customers. However, we recommend you review the pros and cons of this model before making any decision.
- Filling: The cushion has, internally, small balls that give softness and consistency to the structure.
- Support: The use of the cushion not only helps support the arms of mothers, but also has a positive effect on the back and cervical area.
- Soft to the touch: The fabric that covers the cushion is very soft and pleasant to the touch.
- Cleaning: The only part of the cushion that accepts a washing machine cycle is the cover.
- Refilling: When the cushion looks thinner and you want to refill the filling, you can do it, but the process is somewhat messy.
2. Mimuselina Twin Breastfeeding Pillow Breastfeeding Twins Or Twins
Raising twins can be a wonderful experience, but also exhausting, given the constant demand for attention from the two little ones. For this reason, when simultaneously breastfeeding siblings, there is nothing better than having a twin nursing cushion, like this model that we bring you today.
Reading Suggestions: The Best Baby Walkers Of 2022
It is a product that provides a stable, comfortable, and safe surface for calves; while favoring rest in your arms and reducing pressure on the back. To do this, it offers you, in addition to the cushion, comfortable lumbar support.
The cushion offers a “C” format, with extra large size and ideal for twins; and the lumbar reinforcement, allows you to attach it to the cushion by means of a clip closure, which favors an optimal posture when breastfeeding. In addition, it is made with a 100% cotton lining and its padding is made of foam rubber.
If you are expecting the arrival of twins and you are worried about the timing of breastfeeding, it is worth reviewing this product in more detail. Next, know its pros and cons.
- Set: You will receive a nursing pillow for twins and comfortable lumbar support for your back.
- Materials: Its lining has 100% cotton textile and foam rubber padding, which provides stability and comfort.
- Cleaning: It has a removable lining, thanks to the zipper closure, so you can easily machine wash it.
- Utility: You can comfortably breastfeed one or two babies at the same time.
- Dimensions: As it is a cushion with dimensions of 69 x 49 cm, it does not favor portability for use outside the home.
3. Bamibi Pregnant Pillow And Multifunctional Inner Cushion
This is a model specially designed for mothers who are looking for a prenatal breastfeeding cushion, whose functional design is capable of providing benefits of use, both for them and for the newborn.
In this sense, the combination of pieces of the pair of Bambi cushions offers versatility. The first one is 170 centimeters long and has a diameter of 35 centimeters, while the length – width of the second cushion is 48 x 23 centimeters. In this way, they are suitable for the mother to use to relieve back pain when sleeping and sitting, as well as to support the womb. Likewise, the cushions can be grouped together to form a comfortable anti-tip surface for the
In addition, the cushions are made with a polyester interior, which provides stability and comfort, while the cotton textile exterior provides greater breathability and pleasant touch.
If you want a functional nursing pillow, you might be interested in the details of this model.
- Washing: You can easily wash the cushions since the covers are removable.
- Filling: The cushion offers comfort and stability for the body of the baby or the mother, thanks to the polyester filling.
- Usage: This is a functional product, which can be used for baby rest, lactation, and pregnancy development.
- Perspiration: You will enjoy adequate perspiration, due to the cotton fabric of its covers.
- Closure: The larger cushion has a button closure, which could be a bit flimsy if you’re not careful.
4. Tuc Tuc 05786 Throw Pillow
The Tuc Tuc nursing pillow is a benchmark of high quality since it is a product that enjoys the support of a recognized brand in the market. This model stands out for offering an ergonomic design, so you will have a flexible and easily manageable product, that adapts to different sizes and shapes according to needs.
It offers excellent comfort in any situation, whether it is when breastfeeding or giving the bottle, as well as being very useful when it comes to achieving optimal rest for the mother during pregnancy. In addition, it can be used as a nest in order to provide the child with a cozy and safe space to rest after being fed.
It is a model made with a soft cotton lining and its structure offers you 100% EPS expanded polystyrene padding, which provides an ideal surface for relaxation and comfort.
When it comes to comfort and practicality, this model could be a recommended alternative for the rest of the future mother and also for the baby. Below, she continues to read the pros and cons of it.
- Design: It offers you an attractive unisex design since it has a star print in neutral colors.
- Ergonomics: Given the flexibility and high quality of its padding, it is possible to adapt the cushion to different postures and uses.
- Cleaning: It has a removable and easy-to-clean cover, so you can wash it and always keep it clean.
- Firmness: The firmness of the cushion could be improved when it comes to providing support and stability to the baby during breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How To Make A Nursing Pillow?
Begin by making a mold or pattern on paper or cardboard, in a semi-moon format or in the shape of a “C”, 65 cm long and with a circumference width of approximately 22 cm. Then, place the mold on two pieces of white fabric, which will serve as a lining and will be filled with any material you choose, from foam rubber to cotton. You can also use a printed fabric for the cover, which is easy to put on and take off. Cut the pieces according to the pattern and proceed to machine sew, leaving an open part to insert the filling.
Q2: Can I Use A Nursing Pillow As A Crib Reducer?
There are models of cushions that favor the use of a crib reducer. These are cushions with a flexible structure and a soft and comfortable filling, which allows you to adapt them to different shapes. In the event that you want to provide extra protection for your baby, you can place the cushion in the crib and hold its ends with the built-in straps that these products offer and which are very useful to prevent the cushion from separating. In this way, you can prepare a safe and comfortable nest for the rest of the child.
Q3: How To Sleep With Nursing Pillow
The use of a nursing pillow during the gestation stage allows the mother to adopt a correct posture at bedtime. For this reason, you can use cushions that have a full-body format, since they offer optimal rest in different parts of the body.
In this sense, you can put it between your legs in order to level the spine, while your hips and belly rest and relax; You can also use it under your legs, in order to promote blood flow to the extremities, since during pregnancy the feet tend to swell more easily. Likewise, wearing it under your head helps to relax the tension in your neck, shoulders, and back. For this reason, experts in maternal well-being recommend the use of these cushions, which also allow you to use them after the baby is born, especially during the breastfeeding stage.
Q4: How Long Can The Nursing Pillow Be Used?
The nursing pillow is an accessory that helps mothers, especially new mothers, to cope with their lack of experience and the fragility of a newborn, particularly when breastfeeding; since for many, this task can become a complicated and even uncomfortable process. For this reason, the use of these cushions allows you to deal with breastfeeding during the first months of the child and leave it when the mother feels safer holding it in her own arms.
However, there are models that even after breastfeeding, continue to provide their useful life; for example, to support the child when he begins to sit up on his own or to provide him with an inclined surface after he has been fed, in order to prevent backflow of food. For this reason, there is no guideline or norm that establishes when you should stop using it, it all depends on each mother and the needs of the baby.