Meat cooked in the microwave takes half or a third of the time it takes in traditional cooking.
Roast, braised, and braised meat will always be tender and juicy because the cooking happens on the inside and does not dry out on the outside like in traditional ovens. It is always preferable to roll up and tie the meat before cooking. If the piece of meat is not evenly shaped, it is best to cover the thinner part with a piece of aluminum foil that you remove halfway through the cooking time.
Larger pieces of meat, such as roulades, cook better with the combination microwave + grill function. Use the grill function for small pieces of meat such as chops or fillets. At the end of cooking, it is better to let roasts and goulash rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
Reading Suggestions:Solutions For Small Kitchens 2022
- Only add salt and aromas at the end of cooking.
- There are special food cooking bags that allow you to cook roasts while retaining all their aromas and without splashing fat against the oven walls.
- To ensure even cooking, turn the roast halfway through the cooking time.
- Start cooking goulash on full power. Stir halfway through the cooking time and halve the power.
Pork With Onions And Bell Pepper
For 4 persons
- 400 grams pork fillet
- 1-2 onions
- 2-3 bell peppers (different colors)
- 2-3 tablespoons oil or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons liquid kitchen cream +
- milk as much as needed
- salt pepper
- Peel and slice the onions, remove the seeds from the peppers and cut into strips.
- Place the meat, onions, and oil or soy sauce in a baking dish and mix well.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes at 750 W
- Add the bell pepper, stir, cover, and continue cooking at 500 W for 8-10 minutes, reducing the power if the cooking is too hard.
- Mix the potato flour with the water and pour over the meat, cover again and cook for a further 2 minutes at 750 W.
- Dilute the liquid kitchen cream slightly with some milk, pour into the baking dish, stir, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
For 4 persons
- 1 kg roast beef
- black pepper and salt
- Sprinkle pepper over the roast beef and place in a shallow dish.
- Cover and bake for 10 minutes at 750 W.
- Turn the roast beef over and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes at 350 W.
- At the end of the cooking time, sprinkle salt over the meat, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing the meat.
For 4 persons
- 700 grams of beef
- 300 grams peeled tomatoes
- 250 grams onions
- 50 grams of lard or finely chopped bacon
- a bay leaf
- a pinch of marjoram and some cumin seeds
- paprika powder
- a clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- a stock block
- 1/2 glass of sour cream or natural yogurt
- Peel the onions, wash and cut them into thin rings.
- Cut the meat into large cubes, place in a large bowl, and place the onion, the finely chopped lard, the crushed garlic clove, the cumin seed, the marjoram, and the bay leaf on top. Add a little salt and stir.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 750 W.
- Add the tomatoes a tablespoon of filtered lemon juice, half a glass of water, a crumbled stock cube, and the paprika powder to the meat.
- Stir, cover, and simmer for 70 minutes at 350 W. Stir the meat halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the sour cream about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- After the cooking time, leave the goulash in the switched-off microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes or polenta.
American ground beef
- 500 grams of raw minced meat
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 40 grams of grated cheese
- 1 dl milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- salt, pepper, and some finely chopped parsley
- Mix all ingredients together and form a large meatball.
- Place the meatball in a glass baking dish and brush the surface with some ketchup. Roast uncovered for 10 minutes at 750 W.
- Reduce the power to 350 W. and fry for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- 400 grams of minced meat
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt pepper
- Carefully mix the meat with the breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Wet your hands in cold water and shape the meatballs and arrange them in a circle.
- Butter a baking dish and arrange the meatballs in a circle.
- Cook for 4 minutes with the combination grill and microwaves at 500 W. Stir and cook for a further 4 minutes.
For 2 people
- 2 pork chops about 1.5 cm thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs to taste.
- Mix the oil with the salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs. Brush the surface of the cutlets with this and place them on the grid.
- Grill with only the grill function for 10 minutes, turn the chops, and brush the surface again; then grill for another 6-8 minutes.
Tip: Soften mushrooms in lukewarm water for 15 minutes. Make Béchamel sauce as described in the article ” Microwave sauces “. Chop the mushrooms and add to the béchamel sauce. Garnish the cutlets with this sauce and serve warm.
Sausages Au Gratin And Puree
For 4 persons
- Make a more compact amount of puree than usual
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 sausages (or 4 thick sausages)
- mustard, ketchup
- 4 slices of cheese
- After preparing the puree, add the egg yolk while stirring.
- Deeply cut the sausages (sausages) along the entire length and place them in a bowl. Leave the outer edge of the shell free.
- Spread the insides of the sausages with mustard or ketchup and insert a slice of cheese.
- Arrange the puree around the sausages.
- Place the dish on the turntable and cook with the combination grill and microwave at 350 W for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the purée is golden brown.
Tip: The sausages can be garnished with thinly sliced onions, cucumber slices, apples, or finely chopped parsley.
Saltimbocca Alla Romana
- 3 veal steaks (flattened)
- 3 slices of raw ham or smoked ham
- 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 1/4 glass of dry white wine
- 1/4 stock block
- garlic, oil, bay leaf, salt and pepper
- Place the oil, bay leaf, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and heat at 750 W for 1.5 minutes.
- Place the veal steaks on a plate and pour the marinade over them and let them soak for about 1 hour. Turn the meat every now and then.
- Remove the veal steaks from the marinade and wrap each steak with ham. Keep the marinade aside; this can be used for the sauce.
- Place the veal steaks on the grill and bake them with the combination grill microwaves at 160 W for 7 minutes.
- Turn the meat over and cook for a further 5 minutes in the grill + microwave combination.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a bowl and add the flour, wine, and crumbled stock cube; cook at 750 W for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the veal steaks and serve hot.
For 4 persons
- 600 grams of meat (veal, pork, sausage, etc, cut into pieces)
- Vegetables (paprika, onion, mushrooms)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- For the marinade:
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- garlic, rosemary, sage
- Place the meat on the wooden skewers, alternating with diced or sliced vegetables.
- Chop the garlic, rosemary, and sage in a small bowl along with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the marinade in a covered dish for 1 minute at 650 W.
- Pour the marinade over the skewers and let it soak for about an hour; turn the skewers every now and then.
- Place the skewers on the grid. With the grill and microwave combination, cook for 10-15 minutes at 350 W, turning occasionally.
You can vary the amount of meat and vegetables to taste.