Best Electric Irons – Opinions 2022
Currently, concern about the food we eat and how it affects our body is common, so we are always looking for appliances that help us cook healthier and faster. For this reason, we have prepared a guide with the best electric irons of 2022, which are devices capable of reducing the consumption of saturated fats and allowing the nutrients in food to be preserved.
1. Jata GR555A Electric Grill 2500 W
It is a Jata electric griddle that has an M-shaped Magic resistance, so it can offer the same temperature across the entire cooking surface. In addition, the grilling area measures 46 x 28 cm, which allows you to place several foods at the same time.
This model facilitates the preparation of healthy meals since it has a Super Diet system, which tilts the surface slightly, in this way, sauces and fats slide off and do not accumulate on the meat. For this reason, it is considered by many to be the best budget electric iron.
It offers high performance since it has a power of 2500 W, enough when cooking hard foods. As if that were not enough, it does not consume too much energy, since it has an energy efficiency class A.
The best electric iron of the moment should offer versatility and functionality, as is the case with this Jata brand model.
- Health: It has a practical system capable of tilting the surface so that fats do not accumulate in the food.
- Cleaning: It is easy to clean, you just have to wait for it to cool down and remove the dirt with a damp cloth.
- Resistance: Its resistance has an M-shaped design that favors a uniform distribution of temperature.
- Temperature: It does not maintain a constant temperature indefinitely, since it has a thermostat that automatically deactivates the system when it reaches the desired level and reactivates once the temperature has dropped.
2. Royal Catering Electric Fry Top Grill Plancha
It is an industrial electric griddle whose main characteristic is its 3000 W power, enough to cook recipes more quickly and efficiently. Its temperature can be adjusted in a wide range from 30 to 300 °C, which allows you to heat food with greater precision.
It is indicated to be used in restaurants and places where meals are served in large quantities. Also, it is worth mentioning that its surface is smooth to prevent food from sticking to it and it has a drawer to store excess fat.
- Dimensions: It has dimensions of 48 x 55 x 24 cm, which allows you to cook several foods at the same time.
- Power: It has a power of 3000 W, to provide optimal performance in restaurants.
- Adjustable: The temperature can be adjusted between 30 and 300 °C, thus providing greater versatility.
- Cleaning: Cleaning may require more time than expected since it is necessary to first use a degreaser and then a damp cloth.
3. Cecotec Black&Water 2500 Electric Grill Pan
This is an electric griddle with a healthy operation and a power of 2150 W, which will allow you to cook a large number of recipes efficiently and quickly. At the same time, it maintains the flavor of the food and saves you from having to dirty other kitchen containers.
The Daikin non-stick coating prevents food from sticking when cooking, which favors good cooking and a more practical cleaning when you finish using it. To achieve the desired cooking point, it integrates a button to regulate the temperature.
Regarding its design, this electric griddle for cooking measures 45 x 25 cm and incorporates a tray to collect liquids, which allows you to easily get rid of excess fat, helping to reduce the production of smoke and bad odors.
If you need a piece of equipment that offers a good cooking system and at the same time has an affordable price, then you should consider this iron, since it is one of the cheapest on the list.
- Power: It has a power of 2150 W, enough to roast meats and other foods quickly.
- Tray: Includes a fat collection tray that helps you maintain the hygiene of the space.
- Adjustable: It offers an adjustable system to select the temperature with greater precision.
- Surface: The heat of the resistances could darken the cooking surface at the time of use, however, this does not affect the functionality of the iron.
4. WMF Lono Griddle/tabletop grill 2300 W Non-stick
It is an electric kitchen griddle divided into two practical surfaces, one that works as a basic griddle and a grill surface, which allows you to obtain better finishes. Likewise, the temperature can be adjusted through the control panel with 5 different levels.
It has a power of 2300 W, which favors optimal cooking in the shortest possible time, in addition, it has lights to indicate its operation, which provides greater attractiveness and visibility to its structure. Likewise, it incorporates an anti-drip tray to store food fats, thus maintaining the cleanliness of the space.
It’s made from 18/10 stainless steel alloy, which is a robust material known for durability and easy cleaning. For this reason, it helps you keep the structure in good condition for a long time.
If you are looking for the best brand of electric griddles, then this versatile model from WMF can be a good option, since it has a surface for the griddle and one for the grill.
- Power: Its power is 2300 W, which allows good performance when cooking.
- Thermostat: It has a thermostat to adjust the temperature to 5 levels, which allows greater versatility.
- Material: Its structure is made of stainless steel to extend the useful life of the product.
- Attachment: The plate may not be easy to fit onto the base at first, so caution is advised for the first few uses.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How to use an electric iron?
Using an electric griddle is easier than using a traditional one, so all you have to do is plug it in, set the thermostat to the temperature you want, and wait a couple of minutes for the griddle to be hot enough to cook food. When finished, you should unplug it, wait for the surface temperature to drop, and remove any food debris before storing it.
Q2: How to clean an electric iron?
The first thing you should do is unplug it and before it cools completely you can add a couple of drops of degreasing detergent to its surface, especially in the area where there is more grease. It is very important that the surface is still a little warm so that it is easier to remove the fat.
Now, with the soft part of a sponge, you must make circular movements on the iron, being very careful at all times not to burn yourself. Afterward, you can remove the soap residue using a damp cloth and when finished, you just have to dry the entire surface with a dry towel.
Q3: Which is better, an electric griddle or a gas griddle?
It is important to note that both offer benefits, so the choice between one or the other will depend on your needs. Gas griddles allow you to accurately regulate the magnitude of the flame to prepare different types of recipes with greater precision, while domestic electric griddles provide only between 2 and 5 temperature levels.
Additionally, gas products work as external fuel, so these irons can be used even if there is no electricity at home. However, electric irons tend to be more portable, allowing you to move them around more easily.
Q4: How to make a ribeye on an electric griddle?
Before placing the steaks on the grill, it is advisable to remove them from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator 1 day in advance, in this way, you can avoid the proliferation of bacteria and better preserve the nutrients of the meat. For the next step, you need to turn on the griddle and add a couple of drops of olive oil to lightly grease it.
When the surface is hot, it is time to place the steaks to cook. After 3 minutes, it is necessary to turn them so that they are toasted on the outside and juicy on the inside. It is important to repeat this step until you get darker than the natural pink color. Before taking them out, you can add a pinch of salt and pepper to give them more flavor.
Q5: How to repair an electric iron?
Electric irons usually stop working due to an internal fault that limits the transit of heat through the resistances. Therefore, it is a procedure that requires professional knowledge in the repair of cooking products, in this sense, it is advisable to take the iron to a specialized agent who can carry out a more detailed diagnosis unless you are an expert in the field.
Q6: Why does food stick to my electric griddle?
The most recommended when buying any type of kitchen product is that they have a non-stick surface, which is resistant, easy to clean, and is specially designed so that food does not stick to the surface.
If it happens in any way, then you must take into account the temperature and heating time of the griddle, since it is very important that the surface and the fat are hot enough when cooking any type of food. Finally, it is necessary to consider the state of the iron, because if it has bumps and scratches on the surface, then it is possible that it will begin to lose its non-stick capacity, so it is recommended to use and clean it carefully to avoid scratching the surface.
Q7: How much does an electric iron consume?
The best electric irons today have a class A and A+ energy efficiency classification, so if you use the iron occasionally it is very difficult for its consumption to be reflected in your electricity bills. Similarly, it is important to know that the voltage of these devices is around 230 V.