Are you also bothered by annoying advertisements on your Android phone while playing your favorite game or watching a Youtube video? That is now a thing of the past with the Adblock Plus application. Adblock Plus is an ad blocker for your mobile phone that blocks malware, advertising, banners, and pop-ups.
Ad Block Plus
Adblock Plus is an ad blocker for various platforms. For example, it blocks ads in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and also on Android phones. Adblock Plus stands for internet without annoying advertisements. It blocks – fully customizable – advertisements that are disruptive and can slow down websites considerably. This can save you a lot of time before a YouTube video is played, a game is loaded or an article is readable.
Adblock Plus for Android phone
Currently, a very large number of active smartphones run on the Android platform. This is an open-source platform from Google, which means that you can develop software for Android devices yourself. This software – unlike most software on iOS devices – contains much more advertising and malware.
Adblock Plus is an application in the Playstore (Google’s Appstore) and can be downloaded for free. The application takes up about 8MB of space. The Adblock Plus mobile application is less extensive than its desktop version. Although the ad blocker can be switched on or off if desired, there are fewer options for personalization. Adblock Plus is open source and encourages people to make adjustments to the software themselves.
Installation and personalization of Adblock Plus
Follow the steps below to install Adblock Plus.
- Go to the Google Playstore with your Android phone.
- Download the Adblock Plus application. The application will be installed automatically.
- Open Adblock Plus.
- Enable Adblock Plus.
Once enabled you to have a few options. This way you can refresh the filter, which means that you search for new updates in the Dutch Adblock list. This is a database containing all advertisements that need to be blocked. This database is continuously updated by everyone and you must therefore also update it in your application in order to have the most up-to-date filter.
Reading Suggestions: The 4 Best Electric Cookers Of 2022
The filter determines what is and what is not blocked. In the advanced settings, you have the option to personalize the filter refresh. For example, you can set when and how often the filter should be renewed and whether this should only happen if you are on WiFi or also if you are on a 3G network. The latter ensures that you have to take extra data consumption into account.
You can also indicate in the advanced settings whether you want Adblock Plus to start when your phone starts. This is recommended if you have applications on your phone that are constantly downloading and displaying advertisements, even when you are not running that application.
There are a few caveats to note when using Adblock Plus.
- Using Adblock Plus can shorten battery life. After all, Adblock Plus – if you wish – runs continuously in the background and intervenes as soon as advertising or malware appears. This means Adblock Plus is ‘busy’ all the time. For this it needs energy and this energy is supplied by the battery of the phone.
- If you do not have a WiFi network, Adblock Plus will cause a reasonable increase in data usage.
- Depending on your phone and the version of Android you have, Adblock Plus only works on a WiFi network or on both a WiFi network and a 3G network. You are therefore dependent on the Android version of your phone for the functioning of Adblock Plus.